Search engine optimisation is a long term website promotion strategy and should be the soul of your online marketing efforts. When performed effectively, it will produce a very healthy ROI, more so than any traditional form of advertising.
Search engines contribute to around 80% of online sales each year in the UK and over 70% of the overall search engine traffic is obtained by natural search engine listings, the rest being taken up by the sponsored search listings.
Check out the Google Heat Map below to see why organic listings generate more click throughs…
As you can see from the image, the organic listings receive a lot more attention than that of the sponsored links on the right hand side. Evidently the natural search engine listings produce more clicks, more targeted visitors, and when effective SEO has been carried out…you will get more sales!!
So why carry out SEO?
SEO has many benefits, some of which have been highlighted below:
- High click ratio
- Great ROI (Return on Investment)
- Long term and stable results
- Increased brand name and credibility
What is involved?
SEO or search engine optimisation is essential to any website looking to increase their web presence and website traffic. However, SEO is not an easy subject to master. It takes time, expertise, and many hours of work from SEO professionals to be effective.
Ethical search engine optimisation practices or white hat SEO are terms that are often thrown around a lot with less than respectable search engine optimizers. Here’s what you should expect from my services:
- Extensive market & keyword research/analysis – Understanding both your market, and what people are searching for in it is vital to any successful SEO campaign. I will use the latest in online resources to gather the best keywords that bring the highest amounts of targetedtraffic for your niche.
- On-site optimisation – Ensuring your html code is in order, optimising images; optimising Meta tags, Titles and content for conversion; load time, search engine accessibility, and more.
- Site Structure – Designing site structure for crawlability; internal link reputation, page rank sculpting, creation of sitemaps, cananonicalization, duplicate content issues, and more.
- Link Building – I establish links to my clients using only trusted methods and quality sites. You can expect link creation using; Authority directories, niche specific directories, Article submissions, Press releases, Linkbait pieces, and social media submissions.
- Visitor behaviour and conversion tracking – Knowing how your visitors are navigating throughout your web site, and how certain pages are converting are both key factors in your sites success.
How long till I see increased rankings?
Generally it can take anywhere between 2-6 months, this depends on a few things though.
One major factor search engines take into consideration is the age of a website. The younger a website is, the lower the trust is. Generally, a brand new site could take more than 3 months to develop even the slightest bit of trust.
The speed in which you will see high rankings also depends a lot on the competitiveness of your niche and the keywords you are targeting. Competing sites who take their SEO very seriously are obviously harder to beat than those who don’t have a clue.
The state of your online trust will affect your SEO campaign. If your site has been banned in the past for unethical SEO efforts then it will come back to haunt you. This can occur especially when someone has purchased an expiring domain or has paid for a black hat SEO to carry out work for them prior.
Putting right what may be considered black hat will depend entirely on the amount of damage already done. Any banned sites or url’s will need to be submitted for re-inclusion requests, and this can take months upon months of waiting.
Hopefully you won’t have this problem, but if you do, don’t worry, it can be corrected with the right approach and a bit of specialist knowledge.
Why choose me as your SEO Consultant?
- I only take a handful of clients at any given time, so you can be sure of my undivided attention throughout your project.
- Personal feel to your project, as you will be in communication with me at all times, through email, IM, or phone.
- I offer affordable low cost search engine optimisation (SEO). The ROI has always far outweighed the amount spent on any of my campaigns.
- Friendly service
- I practice what I preach. I run a number of my own websites, which are very successful. I wouldn’t use any technique on your website that I wouldn’t use on those websites.